The distribution center is an emerging business management model, which has the effect of satisfying a large number of market needs and reducing the cost of circulation. However, due to the different backgrounds of the construction companies, the function, composition and operation mode of the distribution center are very Great difference, therefore, the distribution center should pay full attention to the category and characteristics of the distribution center. The specific classification of the distribution center is as follows:
(1) Classification of creators of distribution centers
1. Manufacturer Center Distribution Center M.D.C (Distribution Center built by Maker)
The manufacturer's distribution center is a manufacturer-focused distribution center. 100% of the items in this distribution center are manufactured by themselves to reduce circulation costs, improve after-sales service quality and timely deliver pre-aligned components to the specified processing and assembly stations. From the manufacture of the article to the production, the bar code and the packaging are easy to control, so it is easier to design according to the modern and automated distribution center, but it does not have the requirement of socialization.
2. Wholesale Distribution Center - W.D.C (Distribution Center built by Wholesaler )
A wholesaler-type distribution center is a distribution center established by a wholesaler or agent. A distribution center with a wholesaler as the main body. Wholesale is one of the traditional circulation links between the manufacturer and the consumer. Generally, the items of each manufacturer are collected according to the department or item category, and then the retailer is sold to a single species or a combination. Delivered. The items in this distribution center come from various manufacturers. One of the important activities is to collect and resell the items, and all of its purchases and shipments are socially distributed and socialized.
3. Retailer Distribution Center - Re.D.C (Distribution Center built by Retailer )
The retailer-type distribution center is integrated by the retailer to form a distribution center. A distribution center with retail as its main component. After the retailer has developed to a certain scale, it can consider establishing its own distribution center for professional goods retail stores, supermarkets, department stores, building materials stores, grain and oil food stores, hotels and restaurants, etc. between.
4. Professional Logistics Distribution Center T.D.C (Distribution Center built by TPL)
The professional logistics distribution center is a distribution center with third-party logistics companies (including traditional warehousing companies and transportation companies) as the main body. This kind of distribution center has strong transportation and distribution ability, and has a superior geographical position, which can quickly deliver the arrived goods to users. It provides logistics services to manufacturers or suppliers, while the goods in the distribution center are still owned by the manufacturer or supplier, and the distribution center only provides warehouse management and transportation distribution services. This distribution center is often more modern.
(2) Classified by service area
1. City Distribution Center
The city distribution center is a distribution center with a city-wide distribution range. Since the city area is generally in the economic mileage of automobile transportation, the distribution center can be directly delivered to the end user and distributed by the automobile. Therefore, such distribution centers are often combined with retail operations. Due to the short transportation distance and strong reaction capability, it is advantageous to engage in multi-variety, low-volume, multi-user distribution.
2. Regional Distribution Center - R.D.C (Regional Distribution Center)
The regional distribution center distributes distribution centers to users in the province (state), nationally and internationally with strong radiation capacity and inventory preparation. This kind of distribution center has a large distribution scale. Generally speaking, the users are also large, and the distribution batch size is also large. Moreover, it is often delivered to the next-level urban distribution center, and is also distributed to the business offices, stores, wholesalers, and enterprises. Users, although also engaged in sporadic distribution, are not the main form
(3) Classified by function of distribution center
1. Storage Distribution Center: Has a strong storage function. For example, the storage area of the Hermack Distribution Center in the United States can store 163,000 trays. The distribution centers currently under construction in China are mostly storage-type distribution centers with large inventory.
2. Circulating distribution center: It includes a pass-through or transfer-type distribution center, which basically has no long-term storage function, and only distributes and delivers the distribution center in a temporary or on-the-go manner. The typical way is: a large number of goods enter the whole batch, zero out according to a certain batch. Generally, a large-scale dispenser is used, and the incoming goods directly enter the conveyor belt of the goods, and are distributed to each user's cargo space or directly to the delivery vehicle.
3. Processed Distribution Center: A distribution center with circulation processing as its main business.
(4) Classified by attribute of the delivered good
According to the attributes of the delivered goods, it can be divided into food distribution center, daily necessities distribution center, pharmaceutical distribution center, cosmetics distribution center, home appliance distribution center, electronic (3C) product distribution center, book product distribution center, apparel product distribution center, and automobile. Parts distribution center and fresh processing center.
Due to the different products being distributed, the planning direction of the distribution center is completely different. For example, fresh food distribution centers mainly deal with fresh products such as vegetables, fruits and fish, which are low-temperature distribution centers. It consists of a freezer, a refrigerator, a fish and shrimp packaging processing plant, a meat packaging processing plant, a vegetable packaging processing plant, and a temporary storage area for loading and unloading. The freezer is -25 °C, and the freezer is 0 °C~5. °C or so. Also known as the wet goods distribution center; and the distribution center of book products, due to the characteristics of new publications, reprints and supplements, especially for newly published books or magazines, 80% of which are not on the shelves, direct delivery to the goods The bookstores go, and the remaining 20% of the inventory is waiting for the customer's reorder in the distribution center; in addition, the return rate of books or magazines is very high, about 3 to 40%. Therefore, when planning the distribution center of book products, it cannot be the same as the distribution center of food and daily necessities; the distribution center of apparel products also has the characteristics of light season and popularity, and higher-level clothing must be hung with hangers. The planning of the distribution center also has its own particularity.