Modern warehousing carries a lot of intelligence and plays an important role in the development of enterprises. Therefore, it is very important to carry out warehouse planning. Warehouse planning refers to the decision-making and design of storage mode, storage facilities, storage space, information management system, etc. before warehousing activities.
In general, the main contents of warehouse planning are as follows:
1. The overall rational layout of the warehouse. According to the needs of warehouse production and management, all the facilities of the entire warehouse are planned for use, and the production, auxiliary production, administrative and other places, warehouses, operations, roads, guards, etc. are distributed and determined, and various facilities and buildings are distinguished. Such as warehouse yard number, road naming, administrative office area identification, etc. The overall layout of the warehouse is formed through the master plan.
2. The specialized division of labor in the warehouse. All the uses and functions have been determined by the principle of professional planning. Generally, the classification is divided according to the storage species. For specialized warehouses, it can be divided according to different operation modes. Through the professional division, the warehouse forms a partition such as a food area, a daily necessities area, an electromechanical area, a material area or a storage area, an inspection area, a packaging area, and the like.
3. The division of labor and management scope of warehouse employees. According to the management scope of the warehouse staff, it is necessary to determine the scope of the class and group management, and determine the warehouse job position and job responsibilities.
4. Arrangement and use of warehouse location, working distance of working roads and warehouses. In order to achieve safe storage and quick operation, the warehouse and freight yard are divided into certain cargo spaces, and the cargo spaces are numbered. Determine the working channels in the warehouse and the freight yard to ensure that each cargo space can communicate with the passage, and establish the import, export and transportation directions of each warehouse and freight yard operation.
5. The future development of the warehouse, including the development strategy and scale of the warehouse (expansion, transformation, warehouse throughput, storage capacity growth, etc.) and the development level of the mechanization of the warehouse and the direction of technological transformation, such as the mechanization and automation level of the warehouse.
6. The main economic indicators of the warehouse, such as the main facility utilization rate of the warehouse, labor productivity, warehouse throughput storage capacity, material turnover rate, storage capacity utilization rate, storage and transportation quality indicators, etc.
Therefore, the warehouse planning is the overall design of the storage area based on the rational layout of the warehouse and the correct selection of the storage site. The scale of the warehouse construction and the determination of the storage and storage level of the warehouse make the warehouse form a relatively stable layout and management system. A comprehensive integrated service provider that can solve the real warehouse problems of enterprises and accurately predict the development trend of future warehouses is very valuable for enterprises.